Receiving care at a residential rehab facility might seem overwhelming if you don’t know what to expect. Evolve Recovery Center Millbury strives to make everything easy and understandable to alleviate any nervousness. We know you’ll be better off in your drug and alcohol recovery if you feel secure. Here’s what to expect in our alcohol and drug rehab near Boston.
What Is The Difference Between Rehab And Detox?
Many people mistake substance use rehab with detox, but these forms of care are actually two different phases in the substance use recovery process.
Detox is usually the opening step in drug and alcohol recovery
Recovery can’t start until the drug or alcohol is removed from your body. The safest way to detox from a substance is in a medically directed detox facility. This helps you rid your body of addictive substances while alleviating harmful withdrawal symptoms. Generally speaking, detox:
- Takes three to 10 days to flush out addictive alcohol or drugs from your system.
- Utilizes medical treatment to track your vital signs and mitigate withdrawal symptoms.
- Gets you ready mentally and physically for the next phase in recovery.
Inpatient Rehab Lets You Cultivate Skills For Recovery
After the detox phase you may transition to the next level of recovery at an inpatient rehab. In a facility like Evolve Recovery Center Millbury, you will obtain 24-hour care to further distance yourself from drug or alcohol addiction. While residing in a rehab center, you will gain the emotional and mental skills for sobriety while your body recuperates from the substance use. In general, rehab:
- Takes a few weeks
- Is a secure place to live when you’re at the highest risk of falling back into addiction
- Involves group counseling, individual counseling, and family support sessions
- Uses medicine, like Suboxone or Vivitrol, to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings
What To Expect In Evolve’s Drug Rehab In Boston
From the time you walk through our doors, you can expect top-notch treatment. When you arrive, you’ll be given a thorough assessment to help us find out how drug use has impacted you, explore any co-occurring disorders, and how best to help you. Then our expert clinicians use the results of your assessment to propose treatment methods and medication to benefit you the most.
Every day, you’ll attend group and individual therapy sessions. In therapy, you will discuss:
- The core reasons behind your drug use
- How co-occurring disorders impact substance use
- Healthy coping mechanisms for substance use recovery and life
- How to heal your relationships and life
- The next phases after rehab
What To Expect In Evolve’s Alcohol Rehab Near Boston
Alcohol rehab has a similar approach as drug rehab. When you are admitted to our facility, we'll create a personalized treatment plan intended to help you take steps toward enduring recovery. This plan might include using medication to relieve your desire to use and therapy for addressing the psychological elements of substance use.
A good portion of your treatment will consist of group, individual, and family therapy. With compassionate professionals, you'll explore:
- The underlying origins of alcohol use disorder
- Managing mental illness that causes addiction
- Valuable coping skills
- How to mend relationships in addition to your life
- The next steps following rehab
The aim is that you'll be equipped for the next phase of support with the foundation of new skills and better mental health to help you remain sober. And while your post-rehab plan may consist of outpatient treatment, our therapists will also follow up on occasion to ensure that you're safe and secure and thriving after rehab.
A Normal Day At Evolve Recovery Center
At Evolve, you’ll have a personalized care plan and organized routine to make certain you obtain all the help you need. While our counselors will tailor their psychological support to your particular situation, each patient generally follows the same schedule. So you might expect a day at Evolve to be similar to this:
- Group therapy
- Mental health classes and life skills
- 12-step meetings or SMART Recovery
- Leisure time or group recreational events
Learn More About What To Expect In Drug And Alcohol Rehab In Boston
Need help obtaining substance use rehab for yourself or someone close to you? We’re here to consult with you right now. Reach out to us at 508-475-5676 or fill out the following form to speak with one of our staff members immediately. We’re here to assist at any hour, every day of the week.